All I have to say is I’m tired of restaurants not giving me vegan sour cream, cheese or meats for my burritos so I said screw it, hold my booch.
Trader Joe’s Soy Chorizo
Flour Tortilla Wraps
Diced Green Pepper Dices Sweet Onions
Oil for cooking
Vegan Cheese Slices or Shreds (I used the Whole Foods brand of cheddar but you can use whatever)
Non-dairy mylk (I used oat)
1. Sauté peppers and onions until blistered and caramelized in oiled skillet in low-medium heat for about 10 minutes.
2. Remove peppers & onions. Use same pan to quickly crisp and warm up chorizo. Should only need about 5 minutes.
3. In a saucepan on low heat, pour in some mylk & sprinkle in cheeze bits. Stir consistently for about 5 minutes until fully melted into a yummy cheeze sauce. Can add some green chilis or jalapeños if you want more heat!
4. Assemble your burrito however you like with any fixin’s you desire.
5. Add some more oil to a pan on medium heat and place burrito flap side down. Toast for 2 minutes (or however long you want) and then flip to round side to toast as well.
Easy, cheezy, beautiful. Chorizo girl.