I feel like the title says it all really, its a wonderfully fluffy pecan cinnamon roll that is all too perfect for autumn!
Every week my love and I make a dessert. This week I chose cinnamon rolls. Why? Well because sweet, warm bread is always a winner! I love a little nuttiness in recipes (even though we're both allergic to peanuts) because of the added texture and flavor. Its rare to go somewhere and find a perfect vegan cinnamon roll so I figured we could just make our own. I had loads of faith in us only because we both worked in bakeries, well we actually met at a bakery and started dating but that's a story for another day... Let's bake!
For the Dough
· 3 3/4 – 4 cups flour
· 1/2 cup brown sugar
· 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
· 1 tsp salt
· 1 1/2 cup almond mylk
· 1/4 cup vegetable shortening or vegan butter
For the Filling
· 1/3 cup vegan butter
· 1 cup brown sugar
· 2 tbsp cinnamon
· 1 tbsp nutmeg
· 1 cup pecans, chopped
Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixer
2. Slowly pour the mylk into bowl of dry ingredients until well incorporated.
3. Let it mix for about 5-10 minutes. The dough will come together into a sticky ball.
4. Oil up a bowl and put the sticky dough ball into it and cover it with a towel to let rise for 90 minutes
5. Flour your work space and dump the large ball out to be rolled into a rectangle. You will have to lightly flour your dough ball in order to roll it out, that's okay!
6. Combine all filling ingredients together in a bowl until you get a paste.
7. Spread the filling on the dough.
8. From the long side of the rectangle, start rolling tightly all the way up. Use water to seal the roll’s seam.
9. Cut into however many rolls you like, we did 1.5in thick cuts
10. Put cut rolls in an oiled baking dish to allow to rise for another 30 minutes. Leave a little space in between each because they will rise and meet each other.
11. Set oven to 350 degrees F.
12. Bake for 30 minutes
13. ALLOW TO COOL then spread frosting on top
I hope y'all enjoy this recipe and tag me on Instagram and Twitter @withcarrington so I can see your creations!